If your phone isn’t supported by either of the operating systems mentioned above, LineageOS is your friend. Due to the wide range of supported phones, yours will undoubtedly be supported in any capacity, officially or unofficially. This list focuses explicitly only on Android custom ROMs. We have a separate list of open source mobile operating systems that include options such as Ubuntu Touch and PureOS. There are some risks with custom ROMs, and you should always read up on them before installing them. While Google abides by strict privacy regulations, it’s not the same for other companies.
The process can take a long time, so you should plan accordingly. If you’ve followed these steps before, the next step will be much easier for you. First, let us discuss the difference between the official and custom firmware. Stock firmware is the original software of a device, designed by the manufacturer. It goes through scheduled testing and release cycles, ensuring stability. In contrast, custom ROMs are developed independently and undergo unscheduled release cycles.
- Before starting, you need to check whether your device support or not according to the list of mobile phones.
- Let me tell you that what actually we call credit it NAndroid ROM Backup.
- The Samsung Galaxy Fold Series as the name indicates is a foldable phone with amazing features.
- Next, switch off your smartphone and take away the battery (if it is removable).
Therefore, all official firmwares/ROMs are free to download. Users have also reported Magisk to be working fine with this build, if you also want your phone to be rooted. The user interface is a bit too similar to iOS for our liking, but if you’re willing to deal with that, /e/OS is a very good option. You can get started with /e/OS here, and if you’re in the spirit of building Android from source, the source code is available on Github as well. Read Me Once
- Theoretically, it would be possible to build a custom Android firmware for any computing device capable of running a modern operating system.
- Pitch black dark theme is a must-try feature provided by this ROM.
- As such, there are a number of Android custom ROM distributions to choose from.
- Though it is the choice of the people – many people enjoy Stock ROM but Custom ROM suits for others.
- XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 10 PRO Firmware is introduced with a zip package, which includes, Flashing Tool and compatible USB Driver as require.
- Factory images come directly from the device manufacturers, and many don’t release them.
Mi Note 10 is shipped with MIUI 11 based on Android Pie 9.0, with this method you can upgrade it to Android 10 and explore many new features. LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. Follow the How-to Flash Guide as provided on the XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 10 PRO stock rom page to Flash your XIAOMI device. You should install a provided USB Driver on your computer before the flashing process. Do not need to re-install USB Driver if you installed it before.
Once done, Boot your Huawei P30 to recovery mode by holding the Power Button + Volume Down for 5 seconds. You need to first fulfill the below requirements before proceeding to the steps. However if you have faced any issues which needs any support while trying to install Android 10, 11 on Galaxy M31s, please feel free to contact us. However if you got any Odin error while installing the firmware please try the below tutorial to resolve it. If you don’t want the previous data on your phone please skip the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“. In the next step you need to enter your M31s into the “download mode“. These are instructions on how to flash or install Stock ROM (firmware) on Mediatek Devices using the SP Flash Tool (SmartPhone Flash Tool).